Friday, February 25, 2011

Lone Star running spike

Hi everyone,
I know this is going to be a little different then my other posts but I found this interesting new technology that will be used in the Olympics to help runners. Adidas worked with 400 meter runner Jeremy Wariner to try to help his turning around the bends in races. They analyzed his running and figured out that while going around the bends, his left foot is for stabilization and the right is for power. So, they developed ,what the call the Lone Star running spike, to strengthen the specific job that each foot does. Some of these new technologies they are coming out with are just amazing.
Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I think is really interesting how they are designing shoes for specific runners. This is just really cool!!! I now just wonder how this will this times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really amazing what they can do these days to help athletes!

    ReplyDelete

Phone Pic

Phone Pic
The Samsung Continuum